Ways To Improve Your Rankings On Google
Ever wondered what else you can do to improve your ranking on Google? In this article, we will give you a whistle stop tour of the things you can do to better the chances of your website ranking well.
Over the past year Google has changed its algorithms and now favours:
- Websites that are ‘responsive’
- Mobile-friendly websites
- Websites that have new/fresh content
If your website isn’t responsive, mobile friendly or you haven’t updated the text in a while, then it could be time for a bit of a refresher to push the site up the rankings.
Google also loves fresh content! So, by adding new and relevant pages about the products/services you provide or by adding a new blog post or customer testimonial, you will appease the Google gods!
Once that has been done, you can then move onto the next step of improvements. Below are some of the things you can do:
- Set up social media accounts - Facebook and Twitter are the two most popular platforms to raise brand awareness but have you considered LinkedIn, Pinterest or Instagram? These might be even more relevant to your audience! Don’t worry if you’re a newbie, We offer training to all our customers to equip them with the tools they need to set up to thrive on social media and generate enquiries using it
- Create a Google+ page and add images of your business- Include images of the premises, the team, even images of your vehicles if they are branded, this all helps create a more personal feel and reinstates trust
- Ask your customers to review you via your Google+ page- this is worth its weight in gold as prospects see reviews from the start of their customer journey and this also helps build trust when purchasing from you
- Get listed on reputable local business directories- this assists in building links to your website and improves your overall web presence
- Set up Google Search Console (previously known as webmaster tools) and submit sitemaps to Google- this helps with your websites “crawlability” and essentially helps Google index your website quicker, which can assist in improving your rankings
Let’s face it though, all the above can take some time but what if there was a quicker way to improve your rankings?
'Pay per click' is a form of online advertising in which you only pay once a visitor has clicked on your advert and visited your website. In many cases, you can ensure your advert is right at the top of the Google search!
We carry out keyword research to determine the most searched words/phrases and from there, create a series of adverts that will be shown in relevant searches to draw traffic to your website. We offer a range of packages to suit your budget.
If you would like any more information on PPC or training to set you up, then please get in touch today on 01159 722 050